Sunday, January 11, 2015

Today was a normal day.... I woke up after pushing the snooze 3 times, woke up my daughter, went to wake up my sons, came back upstairs to wake up my daughter, closed my toddler's bedroom door, and sat down for the 2 minutes of peace before they came alive. Those two minutes are so nice. I can have coffee and sit on the good side of the couch, and think about the things I want to get done today. Then it is backpacks flying, yelling for socks, arguing on who actually has P.E. today, groaning about school lunch and then of course the always exciting west side story version of how to get into our minivan and off we go!
But Today would be a good day because my husband was home. Anyone who is a stay at home wife knows that the stay at home days are like rainbows- not often and so amazing. So I spent the day doing his laundry, making him breakfast, making fresh buns for his cheeseburger, and listening to stories about people I don't know. Wait! How does that happen??????
Secretly I don't mind, because it is his dad to entertain the all boy and all 3 year old all day. He gets to play trains, and be the jungle gym and watching makes my heart melt so much that I don't even care that it is 2:30 PM and I am covered in flour and have to go face people to get my kids at school. 
Some moms wear lipstick and high heels.....today I wear food and sweatpants. I;m guessing I am the last person they would expect to be their PTO president but HERE. I. AM. a glorious, flat broke and worried about money, homeless looking and pretty awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment